sábado, 12 de agosto de 2017

''God has something planned for you? What?''

#brilliantdialogues
AMATEUR (Hal Hartley, 1994)
Martin Donovan + Isabelle Huppert
- How was your date?
- I think there's something wrong with me.
- How long has it been since you left the convent, Isabelle?
- 10 months.
- How long have you been there?
- 15 years.
- It's a long time.
- When I make mistakes, they tend to be big ones.
- Were you always religious?
- No. When I was a girl I wasted a lot of time writing bad poetry.
(...) I am a nymphomaniac.
- What?
- It's true.
- You don't look like one.
- Like a nymphomaniac?
- Yeah.
- How would you know ?
- ...
- But I lied.(...) I was scared when I knew that God had something planned for me.
- God has something planned for you? What?
- I don't know yet. The Virgin didn't tell me that. But she did say that it was going to be difficult and hard. And I need to be out in the real world to do it. Not in a convent.
- ...
- I was 17, I was scared and I lied. I lied for 15 years until I couldn't bare it any longer. ... Will you make love to me?
- When?
- When you finish that bath.
- Why me?
- Why not you?
- You don't know me. You don't know my name.
- You don't know your name either.
- Have you ever had sex?
- No.
- How can you be a nymphomaniac who never had sex?
- I am choosy.
- I need to shave.
- Is this OK? I use it on my legs. ((hands him a razor))
- I don't think you are a nymphomaniac.
- You don't?
- No.
- Will you make love to me?
- Ah! ((makes shaving cut in the face))
- I did the same thing yesterday. Here.
- I think I am in too much pain to make love tonight.
- I can wait. ((smokes and stares)) I have waited all my life.



Sem comentários: