"These images are meant to play not on our rational senses, but on the infinite universe of ambiguity within us." (Sidney Peterson)




Dorsky VS Straub

Publicada por Sabrina D. Marques à(s) 10:37


HUGHES: In Devotional Cinema you say that, ideally, watching a film should be like an intimate, heart-felt conversation. I have to tell you, I’m so grateful to hear a filmmaker talk about the cinema without speaking in terms of commerce. You treat film as a transformative experience without being pedantic about it.
DORSKY: Yeah, I’m sorry if I was so off-putting on stage. Sometimes I get off on the wrong footing when the questions seem so deeply ungenerous. Usually I’m generous no matter how ungenerous people are. Maybe it’s just the situation. People in the audience are forced to perform before the Straub. I didn’t feel that the evening was mine. I thought it would work, and then I realized it wouldn’t work. It’s like interrupting lovemaking for a Q&A session.

0 comentários: